Thursday, May 6, 2010

At Least I wasn't Last...

Another Wednesday night race in the Summer Series and another race in which I did not do well. At least I wasn't last. I checked the unofficial results and was 12 out of 14 or 15. It is nice to know that I might have gotten a little bit better without actually training, but I don't really enjoy Reni Park either. The trail knomes were kind to the place with the 2nd half of the trail being a lot better than the first half, but maybe thats because there is an actual flow to the course and not just an up and down trail for 3 miles.

Actually the race was pretty uneventful for me as only one tree hit and no crashes. I just go to these races for the people though. A bunch of bike race pro's wannabe who all enjoy a nice beer afterward. To bad they don't allow beer at the park so we got hotdogs instead. Provided by the local club Tarheel Trailblazers

All of the members do great work and really make Charlotte a mountain biking mecca.

I did have a request for the burrower to come and take some action shots of the races as she did capture me in my finest on the boat.


I will see if she can make an appearance for a few of these just for the photography.
Anyway tonight is one of the first Summer Concert Series at the Whitewater Center. I just love being outdoors, listening to music, and watching people fall off rafts.

I also received a text message from the Burrower stating there is going to be no rain foretasted for the next 10 days. Lets go Ride!!

No comments:

Post a Comment