Thursday, May 20, 2010

This Training Thing sucks



Ok, not that its true training in the sense where I am doing windsprints up and down the stairs, but just trying to not be last during the races.

After waking up this morning with a slight hangover and a dry mouth I made the last minute decision to ride my happy self to work. I grabbed the mp3 player and off I went. Its a 14 minute sprint to work (including waiting on crossing WT Harris during the morning rush hour). Morning work out complete.

Work hard for the money for 4 hours, resolving problems, kissing babies, etc and then the afternoon workout. Ok, this one really is as my running partner is a former US Marine. You would think that me being 4 inches taller than him would result in a longer stride and make sure that I can keep up with him. Negative. Anyway, about a 3 mile run on lunch. Legs are hurting as they have not been on a run since about a full year ago and they do not like it, they prefer the low impact (except when I hit a tree, miss a bridge, fall into a creek) excercise of biking. Then my 17 minute sprint home (its all uphill)and again crossing WT Harris during the evening rush hour. It does give you a thrill to cross 8 lanes of traffic (including turn lanes) on a yellow light with cars behind you, but I am a thrill junky, just not a very bright one.

Anyway not a lot of time on the Culprit and a very short test run with new parts and I should be ready to go for the Southern Classic Series on Sunday. That is of course I can make it through my unit softball game tomorrow, an all day drink fest at the All Star Race Saturday, and then manage to choke down some food before completing a 20 mile ride on untested equipment on Sunday. Yes, all and all it should be a good weekend.

1 comment:

  1. So, it sounds like you're just sitting around all stinky at work, what with all the exercise during the day. P-U.

    ReplyDelete