Thursday, May 13, 2010

Race Report - Revisited

So last nights entry was written while I was all hopped up on adrenaline and thinking about how chicks dig scars. In that case I would have a lot more chicks wanting me besides the burrower, who just tolerates me.



When I had time to think about all of my injuries and show my bruises to my co-workers (who think I am nuts for putting myself through the same torture week after week) I tried to break down the race lap through lap and I came to one conclusion. Dont crash and dont hit trees. Granted it was my own fault I was getting a little reckless on the back half of the trails, but I was in the heat of the pack when I completed a 270 degree front flip with no dismount. Then trying to catch up I was also getting reckless and hitting trees trying to catch up.

Also I came to the realization that the local expert class is fast, damn fast. A few of them had the privilege of passing me on lap 5 while I was only on lap 4, Lucky them. I guess the good new is the Mutt also didn't finish last this week, check out his site for the ever ending adventures. And Maddss took a solid 4th place finish.

Also while racing I came to the realization that I might have to do the unthinkable (gasp) and train some so I don't get completely humiliated at the Mountain Bike Nationals in Colorado. This will be rough with all of my drinking holidays coming up. Speed Street, The All-Star Race, and just over all summer events. But with less than 2 months to the race date I really need to learn how to climb hills. I guess the good news is that I am good on the downhills where being reckless usually pays off.

Next weeks racing adventure, the Whitewater center.

No comments:

Post a Comment