Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The First Ride...

With the weather rushing in on Sunday afternoon after the errand running and finalizing the parts to make the Culprit functional again I was pressed for time and limited the number of trails that the weather havent affected I headed to the Whitewater Center for a quick lap. As I am unloading the bike (now almost a full 2 lbs lighter)I heard thunder rolling in the distance.

I decided to high tail it on the trail and see how far and how fast I could go.

There is one word that describes an air folk vs. a coil fork, that word is plush. The way it takes the small bumps without a "thump". Rushing through the figure eight and the north trails I hear the rain. As I run through carpet trail I feel it coming through the canopy and I decide to head out for fear of getting soaked (but more importanty the bike getting wet) I climbed up goat hill with no issue and took the exit out. What do you know, as soon as I get the bike up on the rack, rain stops.

Not a long test ride, but should be enough for the race tomorrow, and then can really dial it in for the race on Sunday.



Tonight was bike teardown day in the garage. My co-worker bought a bike off a local trailblazer, but as it turns out the rear triangle was bent. My personal bike mechanic Leo stopped on by to help the dis-mantling of the bike. He enjoys building and taking them down more than riding, which is good for me as I am just the opposite. He also wanted first dibs on the parts.



Race report tomorrow, lets see if I can stay away from trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment