Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Race Report...

Cancelled.

That was my twitter update for the day. The USNWC trails were closed. I was hearing reports that a full inch fell last night and just soaked the trails. I was ready to go.



In my back seat was an entire bike and then some more ready to be sold to the highest (or lowest) bidder. I am doing this for a friend and taking a small cut. And by small cut I got a chain whip tool. What can I say, I'm cheap labor.

In terms of readiness I spend minutes upon minutes getting ready for these races, possibly even some of that time warming up riding. Actually it is a mixed blessing because as much as I love to ride and race I also have some other plans tonight and also am just sore.

First the soreness, I am trying this "cross training" thing in which I am running. Well my body doesnt like it much. After 2 days of running at lunch, about a 5k each time, my quads are killing me.

The other reason in which I am sort of glad its post-poned was here in Charlotte it is National Redneck Week.



Ok, that is a stereotype, but anyway its the mid-season for NASCAR. Charlotte being the official home of the sport gets 2 weeks of the fun. Well that just means free concerts! Tonight at the Epicenter, The Script

No comments:

Post a Comment