Monday, May 17, 2010

Its finally Here

Well after bidding on the Ebay for a new bike part which I won and was waiting to be shipped from Taiwan. Heres a clue of what was purchased.


That give it away?

Anyway it arrived on Saturday and after looking at the burrower with my big hazel eyes she goes "fine, go play"

Rejoice!!!!

After some carefull measuring of the new steerer tube (still haven't figure it out yet?) I was able to cut off what I needed to make The Culprit sexy and whole again.

Well, I really cant build up anymore besides the issues I had with the install. Having to make a last minute run to Bikeline to get a starnut (another clue dropped here) and 3 beers and a Ghostbusters move later I got the bad boy on the bike. Here is the first unveiling of what she looks like.



And again



And one more for good measure


Although you may not know what the line is I am sure you have heard of the brand. SR Suntour. You may know them for making entry level forks, well at it turns out they also make high end parts as well, just not in the US yet.

Long story short, after another parts run to Performace Bike for a Post Mount adaptor for my brakes I have a nice cushy air fork with a weight of a little less than 1600 grams. Dropped over a pound, maybe a pound and a half from the Culprit as not running that heavy Marzocchi 33T.

Although it did treat me well for 2 years, a 50 mile race, entire summer series and 6 hr of Warrior Creek, it was time for an upgrade to an Air fork.

Tomorrows report, the first ride, to bad the weather had to ruin it.

2 comments: