Monday, August 9, 2010

Uptown Festivities and Beer Pong

Well the weekend has come and gone and I finally got in my fix at some riding. With the burrower working most of the day Sunday at her 2nd job to try and save for our wedding, I felt like I had to be a good husband in training to spend the day doing whatever she wanted to do.

We tried the being holy thing and woke up to go to Saturday 9 AM mass. Turns out that it was re-scheduled for an anointing of the sick mass. Its a Catholic thing, if you don't get it, dont feel bad. That mis-adventure didn't last long so we went to pick up her car at our friend Erin's place where she left it the night before. Probably a good thing as she had just a little bit to much to drink that night.

After that it was stopping by to drop her car off for an oil change, going to get her ring inspected to make sure all of the stones wouldn't fall off of it (greatly appreciated by the guy who bought the thing), library, and then back home. We even washed my car and then she got tired, so I kept the generosity going and washed hers by myself. I know this sounds like a ho-hum day and you may be wondering where I going with this in relation to biking but there is a point.

While we were washing the car she heard a commercial. Dare I say it? Thats right, Criterium racing uptown.

50k purse for the winner! Well since I don't have the roadie skills to race it, she asked if I wanted to go. Hell Yeah!!! I may be almost complete in breaking her in to this whole biking thing, as long as she doesnt have to get on a bike.

Man those guys are fast. Here are some still shots I took at the back end of turn 1.




Three laps into the race I noticed something diffrent, like missing 70 riders crossing the turn. Turns out someone in the front went down. Through all the carnage I saw riders head into the nuertal pit zone. One by one they were checked by the medics and then allowed to wait for the pack to come around. I saw the guy who got the brunt of the fall, he was walking with frame in one hand and fork and front wheel in the other. Face torn up and bleeding. He got a new bike and went out. But he only made it another 15 minutes before deciding that it wasn't worth it.

That was definalty an experiance to see, and the burrower even liked it for a short time as well. But during these events everyone brings out their favorite ride. Like this one.

Its not going to win any races, but looks cool.

I did get my biking fix for the day and then it was off to meet up some friends for a friendly game of beer pong. Well there is nothing friendly about this game the next morning, but we play it anyway.

Guess who made the game winning shot?


Actually it wasn't this guy he just got in front of the one who did.

I really have no idea why they were doing this, but please refer to that we were playing beer pong and not a lot makes sense all the time.

So that was Saturday in a nutshell, just like everyone else's except not.
Tomorrows post, How I get my a$$ handed to me by MadSS....again

1 comment:

  1. FYI pat I did hit the winning shot... No respect. No respect at all.

    ReplyDelete