Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Finally got it fixed!

I was talking about my old Haro hardtail bike. This bike is a little bit of a monster with pieces and parts from all over the place. The brakes and wheels are from the The Culprit when it got upgraded. The fork is one in which I traded with my neighbor Leo because the stock one was locked up from the wonderful winter short track series. The part I was waiting on was a crank arm.



I stripped the old one switching pedals from flats to clipless a while back. I didn't want to spring for a new crankset for this bike, especially since the plan is to upgrade the culprit and then move all that stuff over to the hardtail. So I decided to donate my time for parts at Trips for Kids.


I ended up getting a crankset but after I got it home I realized that it was a road crankset. Rookie mistake. Turns out that the crank arms were the same type and after borrowing the crank remover tool from Leo I was able to get it back together.


Since this is my current commuter bike I really didn't want to mess with clipless pedals at all but I hated my feet coming off while pedaling so I went with the old style of clipped in pedals. I know this wasn't exactly exciting post with good pictures, but I can tell you that the Mutt put in his guess yesterday about new stuff coming my garage. I am waiting for confirmation of it shipping and then I will definably keep you updated one the news.

Up in store for you tomorrow....weekday group ride at Shermans branch which ended up being a little more difficult than it should have been, even for a social ride, and in store for the weekend, more "training" for the 50 Miler

No comments:

Post a Comment