Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Getting Ready for the Ride

Sunday was supposed to be a nice leisurly day for me. The Burrower was off working her second job at Holy Angels and I was planning on a few easy laps at the WWC by myself.

The MadSS had other ideas. After confirming with him the night before that it was going to be an early 7:53 AM start time I decided not to take a chance and dive into my drink of the night.


Ok, so I only had one sip, just to see how it tasted, and to my surprise it was pretty good. I am not a wine person but this stuff wasn't horrible.

To continue on with the story it was hot, and muggy and well, he is just to darn fast to keep up with, even though I have 26 more gears than he does. Luckily the Mrs. was there and she kept our wits about us and made sure we didn't go to fast and just blow up out of exshaution. We did 2 full laps, all of the options and our fast lap was about 1:23 (well it was for me, for him it was a few minutes faster). Not to shabby considering we took a rest break to made sure we stayed hydrated right after finishing goat hill and the gas line climb.

I even had a chance to try out my new biking equipment.


Thats right, thats is Tommy and Rocko in sweatband form. I am bring the sweatband back!!! Plus for only the low low Hot Topic Price of $.98 how could you not have a sense of nostalga?

Like all great bloggers (or just the few I read out of complete and utter boredom and click here for a good time B-43) I am working on something to make me either A) Better rider B) something that makes me look cool or C) I am just trying to keep your attention until the next post. Your choice, pick wisely....

1 comment: