Wednesday, August 4, 2010

More Trip Stories

Well I got the race report out of the way for my lackluster performance at nationals, but I did get some other riding done while I was out there. Trying to get "acclimated" to the altitude I was able to go out by myself and hit a few trials out in the Denver area.

I did the post for Red Rocks already but I was able to get to a trail called Three Sisters. This one was a little bit easier but I still think I went on a hiking only trail.

See, proof I was there.


Fun with the camera


After that I went back to the base camp for the week and then got changed to go for a roadie ride with my uncle.
We ended up somewhere near boulder. During the ride he ended up dropping his chain on a climb and we lost the rest of the group over the hill. The downside was neither of us paid attention to the route we were supposed to be taking and ended up taking an alternative route. His thinking was if we go up the side of a mountain that they were supposed to be coming down from that we would meet them. Works in theory but not if we did a different route.

My final tourist trap for the trip. Buffalo Bills Grave


Thats about all I got for the bike riding, but I still have write about my 2nd vacation, a wedding in Michigan, to bad I couldn't bring a bike. More on that tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment