Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Ready to Race

So basically every since I have finished last years 50 Mile Marathon I was looking forward to doing it again, this time a little bit faster. I think I am on goal to beat last years time. I have been riding a lot more this year, I have another year of "base" riding under my belt, I have for the most part figured out my nutriution and fluid intake while riding. Yes, I am ready to race. I am not going to be in competition for a podium spot, or even a top 10 spot, but I just want to try and do better than last year.

Also helping out is that the weather has cooled down. I still mean that in relative terms as this summer the average temperature was somewhere close to 100 degrees plus humidity. Try training in that and then when it is supposed to be just 90 degrees with a large drop in the humidity level, it feels like paradise.

I went for a ride today as well. Just a nice easy lap over at the local race track of a trail, Shermans Branch. No problems, everything was smooth, I found my prime heart rate to keep up the pace for a little over of 5 hours of riding (I am hoping for a 5:15 finish time). The bike is geared up and ready to go. Just need to give her a quick bath and lube (couldn't we all use one or both of those sometimes?)

I do apologize there is no crazy stories or pictures to go with this issue, but I will post some non-biking related motivational posters to help you pass the time at work. Enjoy as I will probably not write tomorrow or Friday in preparation for the race.




No comments:

Post a Comment