Thursday, April 1, 2010

1 More day!!!

And then the fun begins for the most pain and torture I have probably felt in a while. The 6 hours of Warrior Creek. But before I look forward lets get caught up. Today is Thursday (Finally) which means that I should have stuff to write about from this week. Well, good for you I do. Tuesday I had the day off for the reason I had to take the burrower to the doctor. This was a good day because she had hip surgery over a month ago and the doctor finally released her back into the wild. This means that I no longer had to drive her to Gastonia (35 minutes each way) 3 times a week to go to work and also get my lunches back where I previously took her to PT.

Once she got cleared to get released I was off!!! Shermans branch it was. It was such a beautiful day that I couldn't help but want to ride. I was planning on doing 3 laps there in preperation for the race which would put me about 3 hrs 30 minutes or so but ended up bailing after one because of chain suck. After leaving there discouraged and a little bit pissed I took my bike to Sun and Ski sports. They have lifetime adjustments on all bikes sold there and I didn't have time to go down to my team shop at Southpark Cycles. Turns out all I needed to do was oil the chain. Problem solved. Why didn't I think of that?

Also a plus of the Burrower being able to drive is that I get to ride my bike to work again. After the winter short track season my hardtail front fork was just completely destroyed and didn't work. Luckily my neighbor Leo is a bike guy as well. He doesn't care to ride them but he loves to work on them. Good for me because I am the other way around. He just happened to have a front shock just laying around. He said this makes up for the tires I gave him a few weeks ago, small block 8 and a nevegal.



So ended up coming home and I asked my buddy who is borrowing the Blefferprise-rent a wreck jeep to stop on by as I left my WWC pass in the vehicle. I am not paying 5 dollars to ride there when I already bought my season parking pass (which is definaly worth it even just for the concerts). But as we were talking out there all of the neighbors started to come home and then let the dogs out. Leo and Eli brought Ralphy back from the walk, and the college type kids let their little Pippen go nuts in the street. Rocky and Jasper hate that we can't let them out. We actually could let Jasper out and he would be fine, but Rocky's report card states "does not play well with others" He tried to nip at every dog that is not Jasper.

Heres Jasper:


and Rocky


And to top off the rest of the week I was able to complete a full ride around the WWC on Thursday. I even did the hated gas line and truckers loop. The sad part was I hit the trail before MadSS got there and did it by myself. But I did see him in the lot and finalize a few plans for Saturday. This will probably be the last post for the week as Friday I have a cookout in Lake Wylie, then the Race Sat, and then Easter Sunday. So next week should have some good stories as well. Happy Easter Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment