Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Did you say the boat was flooded?

Sunday, the last day of freedom before the start of the dreaded work week. Actually work isn’t bad, it just chugs along. Anyway, my usual self always wakes up early, even when I stay up late (or pass out early from too much Call of Duty and beers in the early afternoon) I was awake by 730 and ready and rear’en to go. The burrower on the other hand it not as much of a morning person. She enjoys staying in bed and cuddling with puddles and puddles jr. I reluctantly got permission to go on the Sunday Social Trailblazer ride and arrived at the WWC right at 9 to get the party started. There was a good group of riders and we split into 2 groups for the social ride, the slackers and the faster slackers. I choose the faster slackers to start with.

They were off on a blistering pace with me and Craig in the back (sorry Craig, I can’t remember the handle the Mutt gave you.) The good news was at the top of every hill they stopped and waited to for everyone to catch up. It is a social ride. Well, besides doing a bunch of wind sprints across the trails it was a uneventful and fun social ride. I had to cut out the green loop and head home to finish up some yard work. Actually I had to start it before I could finish it. So after an hour and a half of pulling weeds out of the brick patio I decided to wash the Kia since it was such a nice day. (Please note, there is a point to these stories and not just a complete re-hash of the weekend) Right as I got finished with the wash job the burrower comes out with her big puppy dog eyes and ask “J and A want us to go on the boat with them. Can we go?”
I look at her and then back at the newly washed car with my big puppy dog eyes

“But I haven’t waxed it yet”

Needless to say I lost the battle of the puppy dog eyes and off the boat we went.
It was a nice joyful ride on Lake Norman on a Sunday afternoon, that is of course after we got the engine started. Who knew a boat could flood? Doesn’t really make any sense does it?



But after our fearless captain J got it started we started trolling around the lake.


After we dropped off A’s parents at the dock and made a quick pit stop for the girls we picked up the other first mates Cashley and off we went again on our pleasure cruise. We found a nice cove to sit in when someone got the bright idea to dare Erin to go swimming as she was the only one with a suit on. She was hesitant to go but the attention turned to me next as everyone knows I would be the guy to jump into the lake in the April and not worry about it. So off went the shorts and in I jumped with my boxers into the cold lake. I get the prize of doing the first front flip off of the boat. Pictures of the swim should be coming after someone post them on the f-book After a few laps around the boat we continued our trip and headed back into the port. Other than that, not to much excitement, no race reports and my master bathroom is still in shambles, but another good weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Craig and his bike are both called The Dirty Party Cycle. Unfortunately, I didn't come up with the name. Too bad I missed that ride.

    ReplyDelete