Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Running it as a single

Sorry to leave you all hanging yesterday. I thought I had more time than I really did and then got long winded and blah blah blah.

Anyway, Friday, Shermans Branch. I rocked it. 58 minutes. What makes this even more impressive was that I did this as a single speed. Here is the gear I was in.



I don’t know what it really equates to, but I did have to do some gear mashing to keep up the pace. I also was going so fast that I was able to pick up passengers. I had no less than 11 of these guys crawling around me when I finished. Took a few off the helmet, few off the shorts and few off the shirt. I still had one of them find its way into the car. He must have really enjoyed the ride.



Since the burrower had to work Friday night I took the liberty of staying in and doing absolutely nothing. It is not often in which I get to do this as the burrower can be a social creature, plus I usually end up driving. I didn’t feel like driving, I felt like drinking. After a few rounds of Call of Duty 2 on the PS3 (call sign spcecwby11 if you feel like playing) and a few beers (by few I mean I kept finding them around the house, next to the computer, basement, bathroom, kitchen) it was bedtime.

Saturday was much of the same old same old. We were planning on going on a trail walk at the Whitewater center, but it wasn’t open in the AM so we checked on Erin’s cats and has a scare there for a few minutes. We could only find 2 of the 3. After searching for 10 minutes it just came strolling out of the extra bedroom at her apartment, have no idea where it came from. We then came home and decided to sit on our butts and watch a movie together. If you ever get the chance watch “Yes Man” with Jim Carey, I was pleasantly surprised with how funny it was. I also had the opportunity to go riding again, but this time with my friend Mark who just wanted a different type of cardio so he wanted to go riding with me. Well, to keep it short and sweet, Shermans Branch, main loop, lake loop, and he was tired. Also, my was still hurting from the 6 hrs of Warrior Creek.

Sunday Funday wrap up should be tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Although I failed to mention it in my post yesterday, I ran the same gear on my first 29er ride at Sherman on Sunday. After switching to big wheels, now I kind of understand this single speed thing. Kudos to you for trying it on the 26er. Welcome to the Dark Side.

    ReplyDelete