Friday, April 30, 2010

So I figured out I am not fast...

Ok, I knew this already when it comes to bike racing. Id like to blame some of it on the conditions as it rained the night before and the course was pretty wet in spots. Also I'd like to point out that I crashed 3 times and had to dismount and gave one tree a run for its money. The tree won and I have a nice raspberry on my shoulder to prove it. I'd like to think I did good on my first race up to the sport catagory, but in reality I got my butt kicked. After I finished I went to the results tent and asked how I did. "12" he said. I asked how many were in the field. "I'll tell you when someone else finshes"

Ouch, talk about a blow to the ego. I know I'm slow but dead last? I could swear there were at least 2 other guys behind me. **Last minute edit, its seems the results may be up to confirm my worst fears but I can't click on them. O well I will check at work**

Anyway I have always gone into the mountain biking with the theory that I know I am not fast and just enjoy the people I race with and against. Plus as I mentioned before I still think I am suited for the long endurance events, now if I only trained for those...

In other news still attempting to power wash the outside of the house, I have 2 of the 4 sides done with. I have a contractor coming to work on my bathroom on Monday so I can have my master bath back to normal. Also in the process of going to stain my deck and possibly finish the basement as well so busy non-biking related week ahead of me but I will try and ride at least once to keep fresh.

Today headed to Raleigh to help a friend move from his sisters apartment to his own but from the sounds of it he has most of it done and its just going to be a guys weekend. Fine with me and the burrower and all the girls have a tentative plan to go visit wine country. Everyone wins. sorry no pictures today but check out The summer Series page for the results if you can click on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment