Thursday, April 22, 2010

The Race Report and then the rest of the week

Ok, so I got really lazy and unmotivated to try and do my 4 blogs for the week but everyone saw this coming already. I'm not getting paid to do it and really there are only about 250 or so of my followers that I am dissapointing.

Last Sunday was another Southern Classic Series Race to the River in Columbia SC.
One cool thing about this place was the nice open start/finish/pit area. Surrounded by trees and fresh cut grass. A nice place to hang out while everyone waits for the finishers.

Heres a picture of Southpark Cycle Teammate Kevin in the beginning mens class.

This was a fast flat course. You could almost do the whole thing in the big ring if you wanted to except for about 3 miles in the middle of short up and down climbs. I was doing ok and started near the front of the pack when I hit the climbs and just lost all of my strength. Taking the 2 weeks off to rest my knee plan backfired and I didn't have any stamina to continue. Luckily this was only about a 20 mile race and the first lap was a lot longer than the second. So as people started passing me I just kept going slowly to try and gain my breath as well as make sure I don't hurt myself again and it work a little bit. I was able to finish in front of 3 other people and on DNF. That was Sunday.

Other than that the week was pretty uneventful except I thought I was getting a new toy. A fox fork. These are what all bikers dream about and I got this one for a great deal off a Tarheel Trailblazer. Sadley it was too short to fit on my frame and is currently on the Ebay. Luckily I think I can actually make a profit off of it when I just want to break even. I love the free economy.


Then on Wednesday me and the burrower decided to go to an orintation for one of the local charities Trips For Kids
This is a great mission to get kids active and on bikes not only to have fun, but to show a healthy lifestyle. I went because I want to learn a little more about bike maintenance and want to give back to the community. The burrower went because she wanted to take an interest in what I like and also to give back. Although I don't think she will like doing all of the bike repairs and such, I do think she will like going through and organizing everything. That is her biggest strength. (Mine on the other hand is messing everything up so the system works)

Also today I managened to get a lap in the USNWC. A solid 10 miles or so, didn't do the gas line climb or green trail but hit everything else, a respectable 57 minutes taking it pretty easy just to make sure I don't wear out the knee yet. Hopefully I can get some riding in this weekend as well.

And lastly The Burrower's college roomate Trey is coming into town for the weekend. She said she was looking for hot single guys, so I am taking applications on behalf of her. (Facebook newsflash from her...she is in Atlanta waiting for her connecting flight to Charlotte)
Here she is with me at one of the wedding's I dont remember.


Have a good weekend and Ill do another big blog with pictures again. I know most my fan base has problems reading at a 6th grade level.

No comments:

Post a Comment