Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Uwharrie and other events

So its is finally Wednesday, I had Tuesday off (Ill get to that little sidebar tomorrow)and getting around to the events that happened on Sunday. It was the Southern Classic Series at Uwharrie. I was a little iffy with the weather heading up there as there were some drizzles and even a few miles of real showers up to the park but as soon as I got there the rain stopped. But it was cold. Colder than I expected and had a hard time warming up for the race. Once again I did the sport class to get a few extra miles in (8 extra miles to be exact) and run the trail, but the good thing about this one is that I have experiance running Uwharrie.

I did pretty well and took 6th out of 11. Not to shabby. Part of it was because I was faster than a few guys, and part of it is that I wasn't faster than a few guys. Let me explain. One of the advantages of going slow is that you are easier on your equipment and it doesn't fail as often. So as I used my speed to beat 3 of them. I used my lack of speed to outlast one other. Points are points. Anyway the bike was so dirty from all of the gravel and wet trail that I had to find myself a new bike washing stand, here is what I came up with.


So as I was coming back I got a call from my buddy with my Jeep. His car was being worked on but the conversation went like this. "Hey Pat, you busy?"
"No, just on my way home from an awesome race where I did average"
My buddy, "cool man, well anyway can you come over when you get a chance? My car caught on fire and I need you to drive the jeep and help tow it back to my apartment"
Me "HAHAHAHAHA, ok man, thats not that funny because it happened to you, but its funny that it happened. Be right over"

I forgot to take a picture of the engine that caught on fire. Rookie mistake. Anyway this isnt the first time I had to use my jeep to tow him home. The other time he didn't want to pay a mechanic to put in a radiator so I towed it down WT Harris all the way back to Sugar Creek from Old Stateville. Luckily it is a small Hyduai so not to much of an issue, but its always an adventure seeing a cherokee pull another car by a nylon strap. OSHA would not be impressed. But that was sunday in a nutshell. a little biking, a little reckless endangerment and another day closer to 6 hours of warrior creek.

No comments:

Post a Comment