Sunday, March 21, 2010

I am in Way over my head


So I enjoy riding so much that I also enjoy racing. Last year I took 7th out of the beginner mens Charlotte Summer Series. I also did a 50 mile Marathon at the USNWC


I decided to do the Maxis Southern Classic Mountain bike series. This weeks Location. Hobby Park in Winston Salem NC.

I decided to move up a class to sport because the beginner class only rode 6.5 miles and those go by real quick in a race. I actually enjoyed it even though I got my butt handed to me as the first half of the trail was real rough. It was like a bigger Reni Park. I hate riding at Reni Park. I ended up meeting another guy from the South Park Cycles Team, Guy who ran the older classes. He was nice enough as he past me near the end to give me a push forward. Although technically illegal, when you are fighting for 16 out of 19th place, the official let those things slide. I tried waiting around for the official results but after waiting 40 minutes I was hungry and wanted to go home.

Little did I know I had chores waiting for me when I got there...

No comments:

Post a Comment