Monday, January 31, 2011

A Slow Day

With the burrower gone doing all of the formal wedding planning stuff, and me waiting patiently by the phone to give her my input (as if it matters) it was been a quiet couple of days of me living like a bachelor.

I refuse to wear pants now, but I will save those pics for my pay site if you really care to look. I got up early all weekend, went to the home improvement stores, Queen City Bikes for a new chain, grocery shopping and was home by noon on Saturday. What did I do without football all Saturday?

I don't honestly remember, but you can be sure I wasn't wearing pants while doing it. I did find a few hours (mostly spent goofing off in the garage) to make a bike stand.

Sorry for the crappy pic, the burrower took the real camera and I had to make due using one of those cellular calling devices to take the picture.

Plus it gave me an excuse to be out in the fresh air of the garage and to use my circular saw.


Sunday was short track race 3 day. Since I had nothing better to do I was there for the start of the beginner mens class, almost 2 hours before my own race. You think I would have used that time to prepare and get warmed up. I didn't.

Also with the burrower gone I lost my photographer. Here are some pics by lunchbox. I should feel special as he didn't even take any of his dad. I guess he must like me better.


Looks the same as last week? well sure, but this week it was 70 degrees out and it was some awesome racing weather. And I finished the race. To bad I took 19 of 22. I still consider it a success as last year I was finishing last in beginner so I'm taking baby steps. 2 more races to go and then the after party at East Blvd Bar and Grill, the title sponsor, it was a good time last year and should be a good time this year. I think I should have enough garbage to keep you entertained tomorrow if you want to check in again, but I doubt it will be this high quality of post so don't get to disappointed tomorrow. I warned you.

No comments:

Post a Comment