Monday, January 17, 2011

Racing Begins and other Shananagins

You say Shannagins one more time....


What kind of shannagins can you pull? Snow day for one. Due to the icy conditions, I took a much deserved day off. Mostly because I slid down the hill to my subdivision and decided it was best to go home and play video games.

The burrower and Rocky.

Although me and the Burrower are from up north, our dogs are definalty southern. Complete wusses and don't want to be out in the snow for any length of time.

The lead sled dog Jasper, who is just confused by the snow.

After going back the next few days to pretend to work it was time for the race 1 of the Winter Short Track season.

Due to the snow melting it was predicted it was going to be a mess. The prediction was right. Good news is that I am almost positive I didn't finish last, or even 2nd to last. Also good news is that the Culprit is still in good shape and didn't have any wrecks. The bad news is that I really need to put together my short track bike.

Due to all of the mud getting into the drivetrain, and the fact my drivetrain needs to be replaced anyway it made for an interesting couple of laps in which I got a lot of chain suck. What that means is that the chain just stopped moving. Making it difficult to ride up hills. Which apparently is part of mountain biking, about half of it actually. In addition to the bike ride as exercise I also was able to get a jog in...in mountain bike shoes, while pulling the Culprit up around the rock garden.

I could continue to tell you how dirty and messy it was, but I think I will just show you. It tends to be easier this way. BTW, the Culprit started the race as a white bike.

The start.


I am taking this race way to seriously...


Taken at "High and Tight"




Dont ride the trails after a rainfall...or thaw.


The bike got a sponge bath after this ride.

And thank you Burrower for taking the pics, and more important doing the laundry.

1 comment:

  1. Would The Burrower be interested in doing my laundry? I didn't do such a good job.

    ReplyDelete