Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I thought of a clever title for this post...

But I forgot it. Besides, the fun pictures are already posted, they have action, adventure, disappointment. The only thing missing was a crash, so here you go.


You think I would learn my lesson, of working on a bike and then going out and racing on it. Well, I don't think I will ever learn that lesson. Anyway a recap of the mess that is my life on Saturday. It started out by getting some new bike racks by Inno. Remember the post from 2 weeks ago? Me either. But here was the end result.

I was tired of the tailgate of my high performance sport utility hatchback always being blocked by a hitch rack. I do understand the risk of putting one of these bad boys on and keeping my car garaged and I am willing to accept that risk.

Onto the biking news I did delay putting one of them on the kia in order to put the on the parts. Works pretty well except when you need to spin the pedals.


Of course I do need to say thanks to The Mutt over at B-43 for letting me use his tools to make this job go faster. And thank him for being an average bike mechanic.

He is for hire and works for beer in case anyone needs his magic touch.

Well the bike is put together, all I need to do is go get another chain and I should be in business for another mid-pack finish this Sunday. That is the goal anyway. My primary photographer is going out of town this weekend to work on stuff for the magical and exciting day which is my wedding day (and no I didn't say that stuff just to suck up, but now that I think about it I might need those brownie points when she comes home to a dirty house) So I might not have any pictures of me failing this time. But there should be a race report.

Oh, and I need to recap the trip to the mountains still, no biking this time though.

No comments:

Post a Comment