Monday, January 24, 2011

Lets start at the end and then work to the beginning...




I tend to do things backwards. Mostly because it is more work that way, and usually a better story. I learn my lessons the hard way. So instead of going in order of fun/exciting events in chronological order (thank you spell check for change chrological for me) of day off on Friday and going to the mountains, bike build, bike race, I am just going to reverse it.

And I will start at the very end and pictures probably say it best.

Picture courtesy of The Mutt



That summed up the race on Sunday. My first ever did not finish. I should have seen it coming, I was doing average at the race, all of the other new shiny shifty parts were working almost seamlessly considering there was no break in period, and then this happened. I blame my mechinic, which is me for trying to reuse a pin on the Shimano chain. By doing so it stretched it out and popped off. Score one for SRAM and quick links.

Up until then I was riding along, minding my own business. There were a lot of people out on the trail taking pictures and I managed to get a hold of some of them. This is the fun part of short track. Some of the crowds are still drunk and hollaring from the night before waiting for a crash. And they bring cameras.




Thank you Burrower and Lunchbox for the action shots


Another good one by the Burrower, stupid tree got in the way. She was waiting for the next lap to get another action shot, but alas, there was no more.


On the other hand, all of the other stuff in which I put on the short track bike held up good. I think I will just save those wasted 4 hours of my life for tomorrow. Here are some more pictures.



Thanks Alex Hawn for posting these public on the F-Book

Tomorrow, how I wasted my Saturday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment