Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Trip the the mountains

Its been a little cold and wet for biking up there, but cold and snowy means that I still get to have some fun. Jason, Ryan, and I took our annual ski trip to the mountains in Boone.


It started out waking up even earlier than I usually do on a work day to load up the car and head out. A little over two hours later we were at the base of the mountain and the weather was starting to get a little dicey. The wind was picking up around 35 mph, snow was starting to fall, the clouds rolled in. It did not look good for our trio of rugged winter outdoorsman.

Since we all had our own gear we paid for the lift ticket, got suited up, and got right on the lift with the foreboding weather.



After a 10 minute chair lift up, it was time to see if I remembered how to snowboard from a year ago. The answer was maybe.

All and all it was a good day, the sky cleared up, the wind stopped almost entirely, Skisugar wasn't making snow in our faces, I came home with no broken bones and only a bruised ass from falling on it.

Notice I am the only one with the helmet. I am also the most accident prone so it was a good choice to wear it. Trees do not discriminate against when your riding a snowboard or riding a bike. And I have hit a lot of trees on my bike.

It was a good day to take off work and go boarding, I got to use my equipment that I got while I was in Iowa (yes they have ski-able hills there) so it doesn't feel like a complete waste of a former xmas gift. Got to spend a day with my friends doing something we love and got to be outdoors in winter. It was a good day.

I think this will be the last post for the week. Tomorrow I need to get off work a little early to take the burrower to the airport and then I get to pretend to be a bachelor for a few days. I cant wait for her to get back though.....there will be a lot of dishes that need to be cleaned.

1 comment:

  1. Three posts in one week? I can't believe it. See you on Sunday. I hope you got a chain, or else you'll be riding Fred Flintstone style around the short track.

    ReplyDelete