Thursday, January 6, 2011

So Begins A New Year? Maybe I should get a new attitude.

New years is supposed to bring a new resolution. I dont have one. Even though it is a few days after I guess I could make one. I mean, I have all year to break it so why the rush to make it?

Maybe I could shave?


Dishes?

Nah, the burrower took care of those. She says she always waits for the "dish fairy" to show up. I guess it didn't happen this time.

Ah screw it, not even going to bother making one besides to always drink beer and always have a good time. Although I might break it by drinking rum...

Anyway since Santa (and by Santa I mean fiancée and family) were pretty good to me even though it was a tough year financially for all of us, I got some good stuff. Although the burrower didn't get me anything biking related, I did get a nice watch holder. I think she just didn't want to keep organizing all of them on the dresser.

The rent's got me a kick-ass remote.

Then the sister and grandma chipped in and got me some long legged-mandex and hat.


So that means I get to ride to work in almost comfort. Which is good because I did ride to work Monday-Thursday. I am still trying to justify the cost of that road bike. With gas prices rising, it shouldn't be long now. It also gives me a chance to ride and get in shape for the short track series. I tried to stick with the usual routine I had late last year. Monday hill climbs, Tuesday sprints on the green-way.

Wednesday I did a change of pace and went with a run with my former marine buddy who kicked my ass. I am still sore which made for a fun ride into work and home.

So after all of this I should make the biking resolution of not sucking at races. Well, after my performance last year it shouldn't be to hard to do.

I am also going to spend the next few days updating the look of the blog, maybe add a calendar. You know, make it look like I actually know what I am doing instead of just winging it every week. Anyway, see you all on the short track in 2 weeks.

1 comment:

  1. You're gonna look awful stylish in those tights. Kinda like a ballet dancer, but not as manly.

    ReplyDelete