Tuesday, February 1, 2011

New and Exciting events....are not happening here.

Well, since the burrower is snowed in the Midwest I have been livin' la vida loca.

Ok, not really. I wake up, go to work, come back, pretend to be productive etc.
Plus she took the camera so I can't even document what work I haven't been doing around the house. Wait, that benefits me, never mind, retract that last statement.

On biking related notes I have learned that riding a 26 inch hardtail is an adventure in itself. After being spoiled for 2 years with the Culprit, I had forgotten the bike that got me started. It was neglected for so long and now it is revived.

Of course by doing this I canabolized the culprit. (Stupid spellcheck didn't pick that word up). Seat, seatpost, stem, fork, handlesbars, all of these are items that I took off one bike to build my short track bike up.

Parents, there is partial nudity here so please use caution with exposing your children to this filth.



What that means is that I now have a reason to get some new shiny stuff for the culprit. The stuff is ordered and hopefully en route. It will get me close to 2 complete bikes. Maybe then I can ride with friend, if I had any.

The main reason for the hurry up on the build up of the culprit was that I have been racing with the hardtail and 45 minutes is rough on the legs with a 40 tooth crank. I cant imagine 6 hours of warrior creek with it.

So basically it means that I will be getting stuff in the mail shortly to fix up the culprit into its former self again. I will keep you updated as things arrive. Until then, at least I'm not digging 18 inches of snow here.

No comments:

Post a Comment