Monday, February 14, 2011

The Good (Beer) The Bad (Beer) and the Ugly (results)

Well the 5 race short track series is over and it was declared a good time had by all. Since I wasn't in the running for any of the prizes or even a podium spot, or even a top 10 finish, or a top half finish....I am just going to stop as I am making myself sad, but decided to race anyway.

The burrower and her friend Sara also showed up to be my race photographer. She got all artsy with this one.

I actually look like I am ready to race.


It was a big field that showed up for the mens sport race, 27 racers. That number is important because at one time I was number 27 of 27. After my average let the fast guys go in front of me start and hope to be in front of the extremely slow guys I lost my chain on lap 2. Personal experience has taught me that it is hard to pedal when the chain isn't spinning the rear wheel thingy correctly as my DNF from race number 2.

After the chain fell off I had to wait for the entire rest of the field to pass by. I decided not to be that guy and get in the middle of a train. I am sure they all appreciated it, but then began my journey of climbing my way up the pack. I did end up picking off a rider a lap for a total of 10 laps for the 45 minute race. Thats right math majors, it means I took 20 of 27 for all the liberal arts readers.

The burrower also managed to get a few other pics of me, and they are all of my good side.



That about sums up the race report, I did well considering how many damn roadies there are that show up for this thing, and all of the other riders that actually ride in winter and now look out the window wishing they were riding.

After the race Bart had his favorite sponsor (ok, so its my favorite too) rep from Widmer Brothers drop off some beer at the shop for some pre-awards ceremony adult beverages. This was my beverage of choice.


We then headed over to East Blvd and Grill for the Awards ceremony. Great Sponsor and a fun place to hang out.

I think I have to end this now as my batter is about to die, but I will probably have more tomorrow about something or another.

1 comment:

  1. Good job out there against all those roadies. We'll get a chance to redeem ourselves over the rest of the season, with fewer of those skinny tire guys.

    ReplyDelete