Monday, March 7, 2011

It smells like burning....

Ok, so a Ralph Wiggum quote is about all I have to come up with this week. Wait, I can do better.


And what has been burning has been my legs recently. I keep putting in all of these road miles in the vain attempt to be remotely competitive this year. I also had a chance this weekend to get out on the trail a little bit before it rained. I got to ride with The Mutt, and Dirty Party Cycle at Whitewater center, but only managed to get in about 7 miles before what the DPC called "Pretty Female Obligations" Not the knitting club that the Mutt was referring to earlier today. I should tell him that I got a scarf for him though.....

I also managed to see the MaddSS, but he was with one of this teammates doing a real race pace so we decided to let them go.

I am still waiting for my new shiny parts to come in so I can build back up the culprit. I am almost positive they will be in by the 6 hours of Warrior Creek, but not quite confidant they will be in by this Sunday for the first race of the Southern Classic Series in VA. Well, the good news is that I do have a back up plan, in fact 2 of them. Both my friends have offered me their bikes in case mine isn't ready. I guess that is payback for almost making it fall off the rack last time we rode together.

I don't really have much else going on, just waiting as this is the start of a long list of weekends full of activities.
March 13 - Race in VA
March 20 - Race in Winston Salem
March 27 - Lake in Sanford? Possibly?
April 2 - Warrior Creek
April 9 - My bachelor party
April 17 - Ericas Bachelorette party
April 24th-ish - Easter
May 1st ish - Drive up to Iowa
May 7th -ish - Get Married
May 10-16ish - Bahamas
May 24ish - Burn 24?

Ive got to nail down some of these days, or just turn the page on the calendar. Have a good week and I should have something from VA for you then.

No comments:

Post a Comment