Monday, March 21, 2011

Hobby Park Race

This past weekend was the 2nd race in the Maxxis Southern Series up in Winston-Salem. And probably my last race in that series for a while.

See, proof I was there

I awoke early after staying up too late to watch the basketball games, although I did restrain myself and only had one beer while I was out.


On to the story, I was actually there with plenty of time to spare. A well prepared racer would have taken this time to warm up, get to know the course. And then there was me. I ended up shooting the perverbial shit with Dave. It is a relatively short course by this series standards, and that didn't help my cause at all and it started with a tough hill climb on pavement that they use for soap box derby cars, and it was steep. I think the Mutt has a picture of it on his bloggy thingy, check it out if you really want to see it. Upon the crest of the hill I was 2nd to last going into the singletrack. I only manged to beat some poor soul who was riding a bike with one gear. Why? I don't know, they make them with up to about 30 now.

Oh, I also wasn't riding my own bike again as I am still waiting for my new shiney parts to come in. I did have some new equipment in which I thought would make me a faster rider. Ergon Gr2 Grips. I bought them hoping I could get them autographed by the one and only Sonya Looney, but to no avail.

Ill probably have to settle for Dicky to get an autograph.
(both photos stolen from their own reputable sites)

Its time for dinner here, I added a lot of stuff for you to click on to get directed away from this site, I will leave you hanging how the rest of the race went, or you could just ruin the surprise and google for the results, either way it wont be pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment