Monday, November 29, 2010

How to Stay warm in winter, and other musings

In English class I was always told to start a story with an attention getter to grab the audiences attention. I never was very good at English though. But how about a picture? Those are supposed to be worth 1,000 words right?

What do you think of? Maybe cleaning up after puddles and puddles jr?

Trust me, they are not as innocent as they seem in this picture.

No actually I am using the poop bags for help with staying in cold weather riding. When I woke up this morning and made the usual bad decision to ride to work it was a balmy 34 degrees. Since I don't really want to go dropping over 100 George Washingtons on a new pair of shoes I did the next best thing. Put the doggy poopy bags over my feet and slide them into my shoes. Not only does it block the wind from getting through those pesky foot vents in the shoe, it also acts as a sort of a sauna to help keep them warm. Oh, and the bags are also good for picking up poop.

The other piece of cold weather gear in which I would recommend would be the Gore Windstopper gloves.

With a coupon and a gift certificate from my birthday the total for these quality gloves came out to $20. Not to shabby for a $50 pair of gloves. So far they work as advertised. Wind does not get into them leaving my hands warm. I have yet to try them in sub-freezing tempertures so I guess that will leave a review for when I do the short track series updates.

On the riding front I did have the pleasure of going with the MaddSS and the Mrs. MaddSS for a easy (to them) ride at Fisher Farms up in Davidson. I am sorry I left the camera at home as the new portion of the trail has some great photo ops of riding some boulders. I also spend some time bailing out on those said boulders trying a new line. I went 0-5 with it, but I will definalty try it again. If your not falling off the bike, then you probably shouldn't be riding it as you don't challenge yourself.

And in other news the Charlotte Auto Show came to town so me and the guys went down there to check it out.
Before we were even able to get our admission tickets, an attractive female (I think they hired her to do that for a reason) approached us and asked if we wanted to drive some cars. Heck yeah. After crossing my fingers that I passed the breathalizer test we got into our respected vehicles.

I ended up in a 64k Yukon Denali Hybrid and GMC Terrain as my choices. Nice rides, both of them.


B Lee and his truck.


Casey in his Camero. He actually couldn't come out of the car for a few minutes after driving it if you know what I mean...


Look at that smile.

And just because I can, here is some guest appearances by local celebraties taking time out of their busy day to take a picture with me.

1 comment:

  1. Did you fill the bags with poop before you put them on your feet? I hear that dog poop is really warm.

    BTW, that photo of you french kissing the dragon is very disturbing.

    ReplyDelete