Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Time for a Change

So comes the time of year where new parts for the ride are in order. I carefully (by guessing) calculated every mile spent on every bike so far this year and for the life of the bike.

I do this on the little guestimate tool on Bicycling dot com site. So far just short of 1000 miles for the year on all my bikes (a large push at the end playing roadie might make me get 1000 for the year)



It also tracks the miles on the individual bikes themselves. I have almost 1000 for the Culprit over the life of the bike. That is a lot of miles on a drivetrain. Sure I changed tires, wheels, brakes, but I haven't changed the drivetrain (does this give you a hint yet at the change?) What is it going to be? Doing the single speed thing? 2x10, 3x10? 3x9? There are just so many different options now a days it almost works to peoples advantage to have the different types.

The local UPS website says the man in brown daisy dukes is bringing me a package later today. Hopefully it will show up.

And hopefully I will be around to sign for the delivery.

Now the issue is how do I put said unnamed but hinted at parts on the bike? I might have to ask my neighbor as he enjoys putting together parts and then taking them off again. Or I might as The Mutt if I can borrow R2D2 for a few hours and pay him in adult beverages.

With the Short Track Series coming up in a month I should be good to go by putting it together then.

In other news, this Thursday is the Southpark Cycles annual holiday party. I am pretty sure all are invited as Bart posted on the THTB forum. Just bring some canned goods so that he can donate to charity. He also says that there is a major announcement. I could drop clues about what it is, but I honestly don't know. I am not one much for the Christmas time so waiting for presents and waiting for fun or good news really doesn't bother me.

Me and him get along great.

I also don't turn on the Christmas tree lights or the outside lights in which I put up. The burrower does enough of that for both of us spreading the holiday cheer and what-not. I just drink the holiday beer.

Final side note, ugly sweater x-mas party, my place, Dec 11 around 7. Let me know if you want to come. This is about as much holiday I can tolerate, an abscure amount of xmas lights on a sweatshirt plus being tipsy, knocking on neighbors doors singing carols, and even doing bad things to a reindeer. Those pictures are not allowed to be shown by court order.

Once I get everything figured out on how to work new stuff, I will post up pics and let you know, until then...Ralphie, don't shoot your eye out.

1 comment:

  1. That UPS "man" sure doesn't look like a man. I need to change my shipping provider.


    You can borrow R2, but he doesn't like working in the cold.

    ReplyDelete