Tuesday, December 21, 2010

A whole lotta nothin'

Yeah, I can say that and spell every word wrong because I can, and because I am a horrible speeler. On top of that, the title is true, there is a whole lotta nothing going on right now biking related. The holiday parties have calmed down as it is close to xmas, and me and the burrower are staying here for the holiday. Anybody in town that needs some psuedo family let me know, I am more than happy to bring the spiked egg nog and end up like Uncle Eddy.


Yeah, it has been a little chilly and wet around here to go riding the trails, and just to windy to want to try and brave the road. I did manage to get out on Sunday for a few miles on the road bike though, I only could stay out long enough to not feel some parts of my shins, mostly because I refuse to wear leggings.

I was able to pick up a good deal on a limited edition, long sleeve, south park cycles jacket. They are limited edition Bart has decided to move the location and change the name, so look for that coming up. Anyway he has a heck of a lot of deals on everything, mostly because why move stuff when you can sell it? Here is said jacket.

With under Armour, jersey, and that jacket my core was toasty in the 40 degree weather and blocked the wind pretty well.

In other news me, the burrower, and Erin and Angus went to the Lowes Motor Speedway Christmas lights spectacular. I really didnt care about the lights, but as soon as I found out I could drive on the track it brightened by day. I only hit 70mph the first time, but 80mph the second time we went through. Not bad for 1.8 liters of fury with 4 adults in the car. Here is the video.



If I am to lazy to write before X-mas, have a good one, and hope all of your bike part dreams come true.

Patrick

1 comment:

  1. That's a pretty cool video, but I'm sure NASCAR drivers don't have people giggling next to them while they drive.

    ReplyDelete