Monday, December 13, 2010

Finally, the Reveal

I know last weeks suspense was just to much for many of you, and a few lucky souls had the opportunity to see what was in the works, they just were lucky enough to show up at our 3rd annual ugly sweater contest. Those post and pictures might just show up later this week if I get enough reader response, or just any proof someone reads this thing.

This year I am going to try and race 2 bikes. I am going for a short track/less than 20 mile 26inch hardtail, and a full suspension for anything longer than that or endurance races. I will make exceptions for the full squish when I race Beaty though. I hate that place.

Also I am going to try changing up the drivetrains, as I hinted last week. 2x9 here I come. Going with a 27/40 FSA afterburner.


I should be ok to handle anything in which Charlotte trails throw my way on a hard tail. I still do need to set build the thing. Another cool feature about new stuff is the SRAM cassette.



This will look pretty sweet as I was able to color match with my mavic wheels.

Style points count for the final standings right?


I asked the Mutt for some help over the weekend, but after I was speaking with Little Miss Sunshine on the F-Book she stated they had a holiday party in which they were in charge of making 17 trays of jello shots. I really can't blame him for putting his priorities in correct order. I did the same thing and wasn't in a whole lot of motivation to move off the couch due to my own previous nights activities.

Also this past weekend me and the burrower had a "required" church function for our marriage thingy coming up next year. Good news is that the weather was pretty crappy during it so I didn't feel like I missed anything. Bad news is that the weather was crappier on Sunday so couldn't ride at all this weekend. I am going a little stir crazy as I haven't been on the mountain bike since following the MaddSS and Mrs. MaddSS around Fisher farms for about 18 miles or so. It also has been bitterly windy so I haven't even had the motivation to ride the roadie to work in the morning. Hopefully I can get a few rides in before the winter series coming up in a month.

Also the Maxxis Southern Classic Series released their 2011 schedule, good news is that I should be able to hit most of those next year. Maybe between the extra road miles and not being as bad of shape as last year I can get some top 10 results when there is more than 10 people racing. It is a stretch goal, but one in which I have.

If I get the motivation, and have all of the participants in the ugly sweater participants sign releases I might just get back on the blog this week. And hopefully some more biking somehow. Good news though, the shortest day of the year is coming up, and that only means the days get longer, and more biking to be done!

1 comment:

  1. Well, you have at least one reader. We'll try to reschedule the mechanicin' action soon.

    By the way, don't worry about releases. Your people have to know that you are a famous blogger, and they should expect their misdeeds to be published on the Internets.

    ReplyDelete