Saturday, November 20, 2010

Fall is in the air

You know how I know? Because the calendar said so. Oh, and the reason I bought the house, the trees.



Had to have some fun with the camera settings with all of the colors


The weather has been so great here. After the morning chill is done it has been some of the best riding weather all year. I think the 3 weeks I have been playing roadie during lunch and going to and from work have been paying off on the trails. My cadence has gone up, although I think I have lost some of my leg strength. I am looking forward to trying in staying in shape during the winter and hopefully it wont be so wet like last year. I went crazy not being able to ride for 2 months.

I did get an email from Bart at Southpark Cycles with some good news. Winter short track series has been set up!


I have been looking forward to this since last year. Last year I did the beginner class (still came in almost dead last every race) but that was the last time I did the beginner. I figured I enjoy riding so much the more time and more miles on the bike the better so I moved up a class after that (and still had my ass handed to me). I am determined to be in shape for this series.

In other news, the burrower had a goal for this year in which we just did. The Turkey Trot. She had 2 goals, one. Enter a 5k run in which she gets a t-shirt. 2. Beat her time last year of 57 minutes. 3. Goal of 45 minutes.

Congrats, she did all 3 and just completely smashed her record and beat her goal. Time was 39 minutes 27 seconds. I am not sure if she is hooked on this running thing fun time, but it is great seeing her meet her goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment