Monday, November 1, 2010

Don't Call me a Sell Out

Yeah, I finally took the plunge....and got me a road bike. (Thought you were going to say 29er huh?) I am not going to drink that Kool-aid. I ended up getting one online at Bikesdirect.com. Although I am on the Southpark Cycles team the quality of bikes there is just a little bit out of my budget for a road/commuter bike. I spend my money there on mountain bike parts.

It didn't take long to put it together, just as advertised.


Put a few more pieces in the right place..


And here it goes. Nothing was tightend yet, just wanted to see how it would look in the back of the garage.


And the final photo after everything was put together


I had an extra set of crankskins

You can never have to much camo on a bike. And thanks to The Mutt for an extra set of SPD's to put on it

I took it for a spin around Ikea and didn't have any problems.
And then today started my "training" for the winter short track series. Not that I really expect to win, but not to come in last every race would be a nice change of pace. Any races under the 2 hr mark I just cant seem to get going fast enough fast enough (say that 3 times fast) to come close to the top of the ranks.

Today I rode to work, a nice casual 3 mile ride. I then took a few hours off the bike to help some customers, and then decided to run some hills in the business park. A 45 minute 9 mile ride at lunch and then back to work.

The part that sucks about riding to work, is always riding home, and after the hill sprints in which I did my legs were burning for the ride home.

Well that was all biking related that happened this weekend. But I do have some good pictures from Halloween, maybe that will be tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment