Friday, November 5, 2010

Stupid Rain

Yeah, I took today off. In retrospect I should have taken some more days off in the summer, but I was looking at my calandar and haven't taken a day off since August. My sanity at work has about had it and I could use a 3 day weekend, just like most folks.

I took it off with the intetntions of going riding today but with the rain the past couple of days the trails arnt going to be open today but hopefully tomorrow. Oh well I am sure I can find something to do today. But probably not.

I ended up going with a roadie friend of mine last night to the Race Across the Sky movie. How much fun can a normal person have watching a mountain bike race movie? A lot actually. The race was more of the side-plot with who wins and what time and all of that competitive stuff. What a normal person would get out of it is that like most events like this, it is a competition of the human spirit against themselves, to push themselves to limits in which they normally wouldn't have.

People were riding for a purpose, to support their friends and family in their fight against cancer, to show themselves that even though they have MS they can still ride this brutal race for 7 years in a row, to do it while being blind, and even the people who just want to expand their horizons and push their own limits.

Oh and movie spoiler, Levi won, but you probably knew that. It made me want to go out and ride, but it doesn't really take much to make me want to ride so that might be an over statement. But it does really make me want to do this next year.
Burn 24. Thats right, a 24 hour race. It should be a good time, at least thats what people who suffered through it before tell me.

I think I have spent to much time on this post on my day off, so we will see what this weekend brings. Hopefully the trails dry up to have some riding fun. Enjoy this weekend. Bye everybody

1 comment:

  1. I wanted to see that movie. Want to go race it next year?

    ReplyDelete