Sunday, November 14, 2010

Weekly Update

It has been probably the best riding weather this year so far, but due to the time change it has been hard to take advantage of it. I guess the good news is that I have been trying to get my cardio fix in at lunchtime on the roadie bike. The mallard creek greenway is actually pretty busy around lunch time in the university area. A lot of runners, hikers, and even roadies taking a extended break from work I am guessing.

The highlight of last weeks "training" rides was going on the greenway and passing a group of roadies. While that in itself isn't funny, the look they gave me riding with baggy shorts, t shirt, and helmet with visor passing them was. Needless to say I didn't look back and they didn't catch me. Score one for a mountain biker. I don't think they knew who they were dealing with.

It has been almost three weeks since I got to ride The Culprit on actual trails, and I was jonesing for a real bike ride. Yesterday I attempted to go ride the local trail at Fisher Farms up in Davidson, there was a few miles of added singletrack up there that I wanted to check out, unfortunitly I wasn't able to do so. Due to an accident on I-85 I was stuck for 20 minutes going 2 miles. I got off on the exit, a little frusterated but still willing to ride, when I hit another traffic jam.

Due to people wanting to see this bozo I couldn't get past anybody on a two lane road. Stupid Renaissance Festival

I ended up not even getting close to the trail and turned around and went home and decided to drown my sorrows for missing out on a perfectly good day of riding. This is what I should have looked like, all happy and intoxicated (from riding).


But this is what I ended up looking like.


Since Saturday was a waste of a good day to ride I was determined to ride Sunday, and I woke up early and hit up my favorite local trail (mostly because they sell beer there) at the Whitewater Center. I did take some pictures of the new bridges on the figure 8 loop, but I formated my computer last week and some reason my SD card reader isn't working. (EDIT, found the driver I needed, here are the pics)


I don't feel like messing around with it right now so just believe me that the bridges are there and they defiantly help with the water run off problem.

I think that about wraps it up for rides this week, only 10 miles on the trail, but about 30 on the road. Not to shabby, but looking forward to staying in shape for the winter short track series in 2 months. Maybe I won't come in last place in the races this year.

1 comment:

  1. That new section looks pretty nice. I'll have to get out there soon.


    WV: qaack

    ReplyDelete