Wednesday, September 15, 2010

I apologize

Yesterdays post was a little weak. Just one of those days at work in which nothing happened. Absolutly nothing, nothing good, nothing bad, just sort of a waste of calories. I spent a decent part of the day looking at bike parts and day dreaming of how to pimp my ride.


Today was better, although the boredom continued more of my co-workers were in the same boat as me and we ended up killing time together.

I also got this text message from Rocky this morning
"I am not happy with the current way the house is being run. I feel it is a dictatorship and I move that we change it to a democracy. I want to propose a one vote per paw rule"


He then decided to take a nap. Damn lazy dog. Luckily I vetoed his proposal but it was nice way to start the day.

Other than that I went on a ride today at Shermans Branch again. I ended up getting really lazy and decided not to shift the bike. It worked out well for the most part. Put the chain in the big ring and just cruised. Got out of the seat a few times, spun like a hampster a few times, and it was just a relaxing ride.

On my way out I ended up seeing The Mutt who was thinking like I was and that a mid-week ride was in order. He stated he wasn't feeling well and that he hoped to sweat it out of him. I am glad I am not the only person who decides against better judgement that sweating your butt off is the best way to get healthy again.

Coming home I called the burrower who was running late and asked what was for dinner. She wasn't home yet but said she wanted to make some healthy veggie burger stuff. I really wasn't on board and decided to fend for myself. Porkchop sandwhich and waffles it was.

I know this may sound weird and I had this discussion with some friends on Saturday about how I don't enjoy food. I don't enjoy making it, I don't enjoy eating it. I eat to survive. But I do drink to enjoy. I will gladly take a burnt burger for dinner as long as I have a nice beer to drink. That is just my personality, I enjoy my beer.

I am probably done for the week, maybe a ride tomorrow somewhere, and a ride on Saturday as the burrower is putting in a little more time at Holy Angels so I will have the morning free. That means biking and football! Hopefully I will have some good stories from the weekend. Have a good one.

3 comments:

  1. so why is it called a veggie burger when no burger is truly present? should it not be called an almost dehydrated veggie soup puck? anyway, glad you stood your ground..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is called a burger because of the shape of it... it has the burger-like shape and "texture". Anyway, it is supposedly good for you and as we all know, what is good for you is not supposed to taste good. :)

    SHAMELESS PLUG FOR MY BLOG INSERTED HERE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My decision turned out to be okay. The ride was awesome and it made me feel better. Next time we'll have to ride it together, and then we can go out for veggie burgers.

    ReplyDelete