Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Travelin' Man

Well it has been a little over a week since my semi-sweet victory (for me anyway) at the Rivers Edge Marathon and I haven't been on the bike since. In fact I have stayed away from it until taking this 3 day Labor Day weekend down in the original dirty south, Atlanta.

Before I left I did a little work around the garage to clear up some space for what I thought was going to be a new addition to the fleet, less on that probably tomorrow. Now I have a decicated shelf for my gear and a seperate area for the Culprit and the rest of the fleet. Also I like putting up the race plates of where I have been and some stickers. I am a sucker for stickers.



It works out well because I can just open the garage and get fresh air, open up the hitch rack on the Kia for a work stand, and watch a rerun of 2 and a half Men while working on it.

After leaving work on Friday, I loaded up the dogs, burrower and the Culprit and drove down 85 south. Dogs werent real happy with traffic but who could blame them. Got stopped outside of Greenville and outside of Atlanta due to accidents on the road. The trip and Saturday were pretty uneventful. Just some shopping and going out to dinner with the rents.

Sunday I was rewarded for good behavior with a trip to the Olympic site of the 1996 Mountain bike race. Well it is also where the Equaestion events were held.
this is an old TV stand


wrong way



slick rock


I think this trail would have been a little easier if I wasn't hung over. It was a litle over a year and a half since I was last there and I have learned a lot about biking since then and also gotten stronger and a better bike. I do remember walking a lot more last time than this time, even though I had less to drink. I also learned that granite is not forgiving, even on a full suspension.

Tomorrow is the last race for the Charlotte Mountain bike series and I think I will enter it just because. I didn't do a lot of races this year to save some money for the wedding but I do miss hanging out with the group of guys after the race. Also since I haven't done a sprint race in a while it could be interesting. I will let you know tomorrow how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment