Monday, June 21, 2010

The Hotties of the World Cup

As promised here are a few of the hottest Wives and Girlfriends of the world cup. Good news it they get as much camera time as the players. Just not always on ESPN.

Alex Curren - Married to Stephan Gerrad of England



Sarah Brandner - Some German dude. (lets not take anything away from her by saying his name in which I cant pronounce)

How does this?


get this?




Abbey Clancey - Model

Anyway, you want world cup scores, check out sportscenter, minus the hurt that Portugal put on N. Korea no real upsets. Anyway the U.S. plays on Wednesday at 10:00. Tune in, support your country unless your a communist, then go to Korea.

So on Sunday it was another day at the WWC for some laps lead by our local single speed mad man MaddSS. An 8:00 AM start time to avoid the heat and off we went. He allowed me to have the lead for most of the time pushing my happy geared ass up and down the hills. He also made me do the weigh station loop and green trail. So anyway he pushed and pulled me through 2 laps there and I think I am a lot better shape for the 50 mile Rivers Edge this year. I am hoping to be my 6 hr and 30 minute time from last year. Shouldn't be too hard assuming no mechanical issues.

So after 2 laps I decide to head some to watch some soccer and get some R and R and while I am taking a nap I receive this text message. "I should have stopped and 2 like a really smart friend of mine" The crazy single speed rider did another 2 laps! 50 miles total on his own free will with no one chasing him and more importantly no promise of beer afterward. This is why he is faster than me, I enjoy my couch too much. Hopefully should get in one more post this week, planning on doing the race at the WWC (where I have been spending all my time recently riding to train for Nationals in Colorado) and then I think I got the burrower convinced to volunteer for the NC State Games with a promise of a T-Shirt. Plus its only for a few hours. Anyway enjoy the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment