Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Fail...Again

I am no bike mechanic. Well I'n my defense I'm also not a very good rider either.


But anyway I forgot about my SR-Suntour Axon fork that wasn't fully functional on the install. When me and my neighbor/bike mechanic Leo put on my shiny new air fork there was one part that eluded us. The remote lock out. We had the cable installed and everything peiced back together when we completed an adjustment and the part stripped out. Stupid piece of .08 aluminum. Anyway I emailed the company and actually within a few days I got a new part.

Yup, that is it on the left. Well I attempted to install it again, got the cable all cut and ready to go, tighten the thing and then....stripped the stupid S.O.B. again. Forget it, I am done trying to put the lock out on.

Tomorrow, shermans branch for hopefully 2 laps. Also, since the burrower is doing her thing working at her 2nd job at Holy Angels (Please donate, I have been there and these are some of the most caring people you will meet.) in Belmont first shift Sat and Sunday, I might see if I can lure my friend Casey out with his new ride (still waiting to get some pictures) to go up to the Kerr Scott Area. Maybe if I bribe him with beer I can ride his bike too. Anyway, to sum it up, no remote lockout, one beer down, and a whole lot of World Cup soccer going on

No comments:

Post a Comment