Monday, June 14, 2010

I apologize...

That I went another week with only one posting. Last week was a little busy with getting ready for my best man's bachlor party. I was able to squeeze one ride in. But to pick up where I left off with some mechanical issues.

I decided to commute from work, to blockbuster, to verizon last week. I try and do that occasionally, have a gas free day (to bad the burrower always complains about a different kind of gas) Well as it turns out my commuter bike decided not to want to complete the trip. I just left work and was about to drop off a movie at blockbuster when I had a mechanical. My pedal fell off. The pedal just stripped the crank. That sucks. Not only do I need to get more cranks I lost my commuter until I get around to it. With Nationals less than a month away I need all the ride time I can get.

Well after trying to coast my way back home I decided to work on the house. Mow the lawn, trim the bushes etc etc. What I am saying is that this home ownership really gets in the way of my riding. My bathroom is still in shambles and I continue to try and put it back together. I keep attempting to put it back together but never have all the parts I need. Fail.


This is how I feel after trying to get this completed for about 3 months now. Its getting close as I think I ordered the final peices to finish the glass block project. After that its tiling.

On a riding note I did have the opportunity to ride Poplar Tent with a couple of good friends. The Mutt, MaddSS, MrsMaddSS, and a few other local trailblazers.

That ride was just what I needed, instead of attempting to do a race that wednesday we all decided to just have some fun and play around at the most fun place in charlotte to just goof off. It was was pretty fun to just ride with a group of friends. I usually end up just riding by myself but it was much needed.

Anyway, hopefully I can get a ride in this week, I don't think it will be a race in future this week as I didnt' have a chance to ride this weekend due to a lot of beer.


Damn Bachlor parties getting in the way my medicore biking career. On the other hand, it was so worth it. But I might save those details for another night if I can remember them.

1 comment:

  1. Good ride at PT. Just what the doctor ordered. We should do that more often.

    ReplyDelete