Thursday, May 26, 2011

Last Minute Changes

Everyone always says doing last minute changes to your bike usually results in failure. Thats why I went ahead and did them last minute before the Wednesday night summer series race. That way they wouldn't be last minute before the Burn 24 hour mountain bike race.

I went over to the Mutt's secret headquarters. I have been running the same tubeless tires for 2 years now and needed to replace them. It also gave me a chance to get rid of the front tire in which I didn't like, but still rode for 2 years. The Continental King 2.4. I just don't think it was right for the Charlotte conditions of sand and clay, although when I went to Colorado last year for nationals it held its own.

Instead I opted for the tried and true Kenda small block 8 on the rear and Nevegal on the front. I took some pictures but the card doesn't work with my 5 year old laptop. I will have to post some later.

In other news Queencity Bicycles Bart has loaned me a Seca 1400 for the Burn. Thank you Bart for that and I will definalty use it to its fullest and try to blind some squirells for you. Thats all for right now, sorry no pictures, but I am going to the bar and then off for a family dinner. What a way to train for the weekend right? Till then.

1 comment:

  1. that should light up the night! you may scare off aliens and Bigfoot

    ReplyDelete