Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The Honeymoon

And no there won't be any of the "good pictures" on the blog. I took video of it....and put it on youtube. So there.

After getting Married on May 7th, the burrower and I went back to her home town of Galesburg to do a quick opening of gifts and re-pack the car. After arranging everything to our liking in the vehicle we took off around 3 central. Then felt disheartened as we changed the clock to 4 right away and seems we had lost an hour. We ended up driving just past Indianapolis before stopping for the night. We completed the journey back to Charlotte and got home at 7 on Monday. Our flight for the Bahamas left at 7 am on Tuesday. Talk about a quick turn around.

When we got to the Bahamas at Sandals, our resort for the week, we were greeted by a glass of champange for both of us. Way to take the edge off, right before noon. While they were getting our room ready we were taken to a buffet and started eating...and it didn't stop the entire time we were there. I will just take the easy way out and say that all we did we drink, eat, drink, sun, volleyball, drink, eat.


The burrower choosing her drink of choice for the night.



I disconnected the call, they were charging me like 4.99 a minute to call.

The closest I got to a bike was the water bicycle.



Turns out, they can get flats just like land bicycles.



We had to be towed back to shore


Which basically brings us back to the present time. Or within 2 weeks. I might not have time to discuss my previous 2 Summer Series races, but due to all the eating and drinking and not riding I have been doing, theres really not much to say. On the other hand this weekend is Memorial day and you should know what that means. The Burn24. My first 24 hour mountain bike race, and I am choosing to do it solo. I will probably spend the next 2 days getting everything together. Food, camping supplies, ammunition, possibly bike and biking clothes, but not sure if going to have enough time.

No comments:

Post a Comment