Saturday, February 4, 2012

On the Road again...

I have decided to make this post just like a picture book as a picture is worth more than 1000 words. At least even a bad picture is better than 1000 of my words anyway. After race 2 lackluster results (but great pictures as always by the burrower)I have a family commitment in Knoxville Tennesse so race 3 of the series was out of the question. But if you really wanted to see me in mandex here you go...
I have nice legs.... and goofing off in the tent afterwards
We fastforward our journey through the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains on a Saturday morning
4 hours (and one unnecessary bathroom break later) Where me and the burrower me my rents
Dad not used to the paparazzi and had no comment when asked about the ice shortage in the Sahara Dessert... Grabbed some late lunch at a local microbrew
Walked around downtown Knoxville
Thought about going for a swim....
Got back to the hotel to get pretty for the reception
Even the rents managed to clean up decently
Saw my god-parents who I had not seen since my wedding, and I don't even remember the last time before that
Got the picture with the happy couple
Drank way to much (no pictures of that or the aftermath that occurred) and retired early for the night. And by early I mean we passed out before the bars were closed. We awoke the next morning not hung over (luckily) and had breakfast with the rents and god parents and then packed up and drove back home to Charlotte. It was a fun afternoon to be had in TN and went by way to fast but I still never learned how to speel Tennese correctly while I was there. Maybe next time. I appreciated Jon and Megan for inviting us to their ceremony. Maybe next post will be a little wittier and less reliant on the pictures, but probably not.

No comments:

Post a Comment