Monday, June 27, 2011

No new updates

Its become that time of year again where I have settled into a routine. I guess that is good in a way, I know what to expect. After the spring in which I had it is nice to get to get into a rhythm. At least there has been a lot of this.


And this.


I seem to have taken to the Pale Ales type beer lately. At least when I am going for quality and not quantity. Its nice sometimes to just have a good beer along with some steak, mushrooms, corn on the cob...mmmm Sunday night dinner all over again.

I did try to go ride this weekend, but my dinner just wasn't sitting well so I called it quits, and lucky I did because on my way home I get a call from the burrower saying a pipe burst. At least I was only 2 miles away. Goods news is that I come to find out that a pipe didn't burst, but just came out (somehow after 2 years). Crisis averted.

I did have some other issues with the culprit, obviously they were all operator error. I left my camelbak on the bike while I was at work and Gatorade ended up leaking all over the brake rotors.

Not the quickest or quietest way to stop with all the junk on it.

I did need to change the pads anyways.


I never knew how much heat was generated from brakes until I saw the burn marks on the back. Pretty cool.

I am not sure when the next time I am going to get to ride on the trails is again as we are currently down to one vehicle and going down to ATL to see my parents for the long weekend. I ended up trading both my car and the burrowers car in for one Kia Sportage.



Its in the cards for me to pick up a beater to get me around town, until then I am going out on my morning commute on my road bike. Not necessarily a bad thing, I have been lazy since getting back from the wedding, and this really makes me not have any choice. At least it means I am getting some exercise and can eat more to balance it out. Have a good 4th of July. Remember to celebrate the greatness of this country by blowing up a small piece of it!

Kidding, its time to celebrate our Independence and to remember what this country stands for!

No comments:

Post a Comment