Friday, June 17, 2011

Moving on but not moving up

At least not in terms of my standings in the races in which I enter. I have been trying to get out on the bike at least 3 times a week, and twice on the trail. So far the weather has been pretty good, its getting warmer, but that is to be expected this time of the year in the south.

Also the summer seems to have calmed down a bit, at least in relation to the spring in terms of weekend commitments (not to be confused with anybody being committed). With all of the riding I have run into a few issues with my articles of clothing. Mainly not having enough riding gear to get me through the week. On the plus side, the burrower has finally given up putting my clothes back in the drawers and just hanging them up where I can grab them quickly. Score.

(also a shameless plug for Queencity Bicycles)

If you look at my results from the past couple of summer series races, well, they suck worse than...I can't think of anything so here is a bunny to put it into perspective.


Up until last race at the USNWC, my legs felt horrible. They felt like most of you probably look. Yeah, that bad. But this last week they felt good. I mean real good. To bad by the time I finished the race everyone was already at the bar. I am trying to get out of survival mode for finishing races, and I am coming close, but taking a month off in the spring with an unlimited food and drink honeymoon is rough (but worth it) But I can handle that, my next challenge is the 50 mile race there. If I keep the legs in shape, that August race is going to be a piece of cake. I do have one nemisis that keeps holding me back though, and it has for years. Beer.


As you can tell, I obviously had to many trying to post this picture.

Weather looks good for this weekend, I have the newly official in-laws coming into town so hopefully I can get a few rides in while attempting to do other husbandly duties. I apologize for the 2 weeks off, but there just wasn't much to talk about. I wasn't about to put out stuff just for the sake of it (cough cough Mutt)

No comments:

Post a Comment