Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Warrior creek recap lap one

(please excuse the lack of punctuation as i am writing on a tablet.)

Its been almost two weeks since the rave of all races in the southeast.  I awoke early (ok so the wife had to go to the bathroom and decided that i had enough sleep) so we loaded up the bike and set off for my six hour race.

The goal of this race for me was four laps, or roughly around 55 miles.My gameplan changed from last year.Go out fast and pay for it later. I figured might as well try something new.

I  up towards the back of the pack as i knew I just cant hang with some of the big boys who train multiple days of the week. Cheaters.

I had the go-pro on the handlebars wanting to record first lap pretty the request of some of my co-workers. Little did i know that would be my downfall. I was cruising along the nuetral start and every thing was going good. About two miles of pavement later we hit the first section that leads into the singletrack.  It turned out that I did not tighten the camera enoughon the bars so it turned over on me. In the process of fixing it I lost about sixty places when people v were passing me whilewhile tightening the nut. Dumb move on my part. It meant that I was further bwck than ivwanted to be. It also meant I was  to behind less skilled or slower riders.It makes for a rough twelve miles waiting for others in front of you. I ended up having to wait a few times for others to get back on their bike after attempting to cross some technical parts or wait them quit riding their brakes riding the berms.

So the first lap ended with no incidents and about an hour and fourty minutes ride time. I pull into the pits to see the burrower waiting for me. Ill get to the next laps later and add pictures once i get to a computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment