Saturday, September 17, 2011

Conclusion of Summer

Today it was 52 degrees when I woke up. Today is a high of around 71 degrees. This is cold for a lot of the southerners around here as they are started to get bundled up and starting up the heater. I am just happy to turn the A/C off after 3 solid months. I am sort of glad it is over as now I have excuses why not to ride. "Its getting dark to early, its to cold, it rained" anything just to not ride. In a way I am sort of glad this summer is over. All the traveling across the country is done. No more wedding gifts to buy (or receive). I get to sit outside and not sweat my ass off drinking a nice cold beer Friday after work. Yes summer has its advantages, but so does fall. My latest mis-adventure was up to New Jersey for a wedding just last week. Me and the burrower had a mutual friend from Charlotte move up there and then she found somebody and blah blah blah, another wedding. Instead of flying, we decided to drive there. Its only about 9 hours or so, a nice easy day trip from the Queen city. Driving up north and right when we hit the Virginia state border, it started raining. Im not talking about a little drizzle, but the hurricane rain just came down. It didn't stop until we hit Delaware.
Lets just say it made for a miserable 8 hour drive that took closer to 10 total. While we were up there we did have a few hours to kill before all the wedding type stuff was going on and decided to head into the City of Brotherly Love, Philadelphia.
And yes, I bought the Fanatic dinner before I touched him like that. I am a gentleman after all. We did all the historic stuff, walked were Ben Franklin walked. Sat in a chair that George Washington farted on...etc etc.
I licked the Liberty Bell. Tasted like Freedom.
Me in front of the first bank in the U.S. And yeah, I made it rain Benjamin's there. And finally something almost biking related. I know that it takes me a long time to warm my body up when I ride so I want to try to increase my anaerobic threshold (Yes I used spell check for those words). The burrower also wanted a piece of home excercise equipment so we compromised and got this bad boy.
I know its no replacement for hitting the trail, but hopefully I can drop a few extra pounds and learn to increase my heart rate for a longer period of time. Its all hopefully right? It just might be another expensive piece of exercise equipment that becomes a laundry rack, only time will tell. Later today is the Lake Norman Beer Fest up at the Galloway Hooker in Birkdale. I am sure I will have a few good stories and pictures to tell after visiting that.

No comments:

Post a Comment