Saturday, July 30, 2011

Surrender the BOOTY!!!!!

Todays post is a collection of short stories. My life isn't interesting enough to keep a full weeks worth, so I save it up and try to remember the past 2 weeks.

Starting yesterday night was the something's annual Booty Ride.


Once again this year I didn't pull the trigger and sign up, but luckily everybody in Charlotte is there supporting the riders for cancer research. I myself donated as my mom is a cancer survivor. And I need her around to be my designated driver when I go to the brewery tours.

Thanks mom for supporting my drinking habit!

Since I didn't sign up but some of my friends did, please go ahead and support them.

We have Little Miss Sunshine



And my save the world co-worker Lindsay


Or even any of my Queencity Teammates

As of yesterday over 1 million dollars has been donated for cancer reseach, so please use this as a tax deduction.

In terms of my lackluster career as a bike racer, it continues to be lackluster. The past 2 races I have gotten my first top 10 finishes, the first race there were only 9 people, but the 2nd one there was 11. Progress? Probably not. But survival is a tactic in bike racing when the weather is up over 100 degrees.

I also signed up for my arch nemesis of a bike race, the Rivers Edge 50 mile Marathon. Goal this year is to complete it in under 5 hours. If the weather continues to be close to boiling point it will be close. Looking back I have come far in terms of riding. My first year's time was 6 hours 30 minutes. Last years was 5 hours 45 minutes. I think that it is a reasonable goal to shoot for. Especially since I have a 6 hour and 24 hour bike race under my belt this year.

Try to stay hydrated and cool, its damn hot out there, and please donate!

No comments:

Post a Comment